Grade 12 Provincial Examination Specifications
English 12 First Peoples
2016/17 Exam Specifications - Effective September 2016 through August 2017.
Changes and Revisions
- There are no changes to the examination specifications this year.
The Table of Specifications and Description of Examination (PDF) show teachers and students how the English 12 First Peoples curriculum will be tested on provincial examinations.
- Reading Categories (PDF) provide a description of each reading category.
- Curriculum Connections links to the learning outcomes for English 12 First Peoples.
- Terms and Devices (PDF) provides a list of examinable terms relating to literary and stylistic forms and devices.
- A Key Words (PDF) list is provided to help students read, analyze and respond to written-response or short-answer questions.
- Scoring Guides (PDF) show the holistic scoring guides
- Examinable Texts (PDF)
- Sample and Released Examinations show the format of an examination and the balance of questions across the curriculum organizers.
- Sample Questions (PDF) illustrate the categories and range of questions students may need to answer.
- Sample Response Booklet (PDF) shows the page layout of the booklet for students' answers to written-response questions.