Grade 11 Provincial Examination Specifications
Social Studies 11
2015/16 Exam Specifications - Effective September 2015 through August 2016.
Changes and Revisions
- There are no revisions for 2015/16.
- The Table of Specifications and Description of Examination (PDF) shows teachers and students how the Social Studies 11 curriculum will be tested on provincial examinations.
- This provincial examination will represent 20% of the student's final letter grade and the classroom marks will represent 80%.
There may be a difference between school marks and provincial examination marks for individual students. Some students perform better on classroom tests and others on provincial examinations. School assessment measures performance on all curricular outcomes, whereas provincial examinations may only evaluate performance on a sample of these outcomes.
- Cognitive Levels provide a description of what each cognitive level means.
- The Prescribed Learning Outcomes (PDF, 1.03MB) provide the foundation on which examinations are based.
- A Key Verb List (PDF) is provided to help students read, analyze and respond to essay questions.
- The Scoring Criteria (PDF) explains how students will be marked on the Essay Question.
- Sample and Released Examinations show the format of an examination and the balance of questions across the curriculum organizers.