Key Components of ICTI Performance Standards
The Information and Communications Technology Integration Performance Standards,
Grades 5 to 10 (ICTI), are intended to support teachers and students as they
use technology to enhance learning across the curriculum.
The ICTI Performance Standards focus on four aspects of how students use information
and communications technology to gather, organize, and present information and
to analyse and interpret information.
Full and short-form versions of the performance standards, with the four performance
levels described in detail
The tasks were developed by practising teachers to provide:
- opportunities to incorporate information and communications technologies
into all aspects of learning and assessment.
- a model for planning constructivist or problem based learning
- guidance in planning learning opportunities within a framework of
research based practice
- suggested activities to address the critical question
- opportunities to incorporate Ministry assessment practices
Teachers may use the tasks as given or as models. Any tasks used should first
be reviewed for issues appropriate to the class or community.
Some of the tasks are provided with samples of student work. ICTI Performance
Standards are intended to be updated as new tasks and additional student samples