External Sports Credit Information
- External Sport Credentials are elective credits and cannot be used to substitute for required courses such as Physical Education 10.
- Students can get credit for past performance in the current approved course credits. Contact your provincial sport organization or the Sport Branch (Team BC and Coach Credit letters) to request a verification letter for past performance.
- Once a student has received credit for a particular level within the athlete, official or coach categories they cannot receive additional credits for duplicate participation. For example, an athlete who has earned credits for Athlete 12 by being selected and competing on a provincial team cannot receive an additional 4 credits for Athlete 12 if they have progressed and been selected and competed on a national team. A student can only receive credit for Athlete 12 once. As well, you cannot receive additional credit for the same category level if you have met the standards and criteria in more than one sport.
- Students seeking credits for a sport course or program are required to present specific documentation as proof of participation or completion. All letters and certificates must be on the Provincial Sport Organization’s or Ministry letterhead and include the student’s name, sport program, category and level of credit.
- Submit the letter of verification of participation for External Sport Credentials to the high school counselor. For students who earn External Sport Credentials prior to entering Grade 10, they will need to file this documentation and present it once they have entered Grade 10 and are earning graduation credits.