Grade 12 Provincial Examination Specifications
2011/12 Exam Specifications - Effective September 2011 through August 2012.
Changes and Revisions
Minor revisions have been made to the formats that may be required in the Visual Design Section. Schedules and agendas have been removed.
- The Table of Specifications and Description of Examination (PDF, 46KB) show teachers and students how the Communications 12 curriculum will be tested on provincial examinations.
- The Provincial examination represents 40% of the student's final letter grade and the classroom mark represents 60%.
- There may be a difference between school marks and provincial examination marks for individual students. Some students perform better on classroom tests and others on provincial examinations. School assessment measures performance on all curricular outcomes, whereas provincial examinations may evaluate performance on only a sample of these outcomes.
- Reading Categories (PDF, 66KB) provide a description of each reading category.
- Curriculum Connections links to the prescribed learning outcomes for Communications 12.
- A Key Words (PDF, 8KB) list is provided to help students read, analyze and respond to written-response or short-answer questions.
- Terms and Devices (PDF, 36KB) provides a list of examinable terms relating to literary and stylistic forms and devices.
- Scoring Guides (PDF, 84KB) show the holistic scoring guides.
- Sample Questions (PDF, 832KB) illustrate the categories and range of questions students may need to answer. In Part B, the Information passage on the Greater Vancouver Zoo is included, but with questions that are different from those used in the Sample Examination.
- Released Examinations show the format of an examination and the balance of questions across the curriculum organizers.
- Student Samples show scored student responses from past exams.
- Sample Response Booklet (PDF, 268KB) illustrates the format for answering written-response questions.