Provincial Examinations - Adjudication
The adjudication process provides equity and accessibility to students with special needs who qualify for adaptations on provincial exams. The adjudication policy is reviewed each year and current information on the adjudication process is located in Chapter 8 of the Handbook of Procedures found at: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/handbook/.
|Adjudication Criteria Update|
Please note that there are changes to the adjudication criteria effective September 2012.
Please see Table 3 for specific information regarding these changes.
- Students Receiving Adaptations (Appendix 3)
- Request for Special Format Exams
- Important Due Dates
- Guidelines for Readers and Scribes
- 2011 Reader and Scribe Update
- See schedule for adaptations available in each session.
- Students are encouraged to do a practice e-Exam prior to writing a live e-exam. Practice e-exams with Spellchecker and Text Reader are available at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/search/.
- Students who qualify for electronic adapations may access the adaptations on the day of administration by logging on to the Secure e-Adaptations site at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/eassessment/adj_secure.htm.
- E-exams are available at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/eassessment/eexams.htm. If a provincial exam is not available electronically, students may use a word processing document for their open-ended responses. The student's responses must be printed and pasted or stapled under each question of the exam booklet.