Provincial Examinations - Adjudication
The adjudication process provides equity and accessibility to students with special needs who qualify for adaptations on provincial exams. The adjudication policy is reviewed each year and current information on the adjudication process is located in Chapter 8 of the Handbook of Procedures found at: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/handbook/.
- Students Receiving Adaptations on Grades 10, 11, and 12 exams (188 KB PDF)
- Request for Special Format Exams (170KB PDF)
- Important Adjudication Due Dates: Due Dates for Adjudication 2016/17 (58KB PDF)
- Guidelines for Readers and Scribes
- 2011 Reader and Scribe Update
- Students are encouraged to do a practice e-Exam prior to writing a live e-exam. Practice e-exams with Spellchecker and Text Reader are available at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/search/.
- Students who qualify for electronic adapations may access the adaptations on the day of administration by logging on to the Secure e-Adaptations site at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/eassessment/adj_secure.htm.
- E-exams are available at: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/eassessment/eexams.htm. If a provincial exam is not available electronically, students may use a word processing document for their open-ended responses. The student's responses must be printed and pasted or stapled under each question of the exam booklet.