Early Years Webcasts
The Ministry of Education presented two live early years webcasts on Self-Regulation and Project-Based Learning in 2011.
“Self-Regulation... What is it and why is it important for learning?”
This webcast features Dr. Stuart Shanker & Jane Bertrand on the topic of self regulation.
The speakers discuss:
- self-regulation and its importance in the early years and for lifelong success;
- how self-regulation is connected to children’s learning; and
- evidence-based, practical classroom strategies to support children’s self-regulatory skills in the early years.
“Project-Based Learning...How does it work and where do I begin?”
This webcast features Susan Fraser on the topic of project-based learning.
The speaker discusses:
- the importance and role of project-based learning for learners;
- how to recognize different ways projects can emerge;
- evidence-based, practical strategies for co-creating projects with children in the early years; and
- how projects relate to and support the achievement of Prescribed Learning Outcomes and the BC Early Learning Framework learning goals.