Early Learning Network
Resources and Links - Information for Education Professionals/Facilitators
Spring 2011 (PDF, 804KB)
Fall 2010 (PDF, 895KB)
Spring 2010 (PDF, 981KB)
Winter 2010 (PDF, 495KB)
Fall 2009 (PDF, 540KB)
Spring 2009 (PDF, 310KB)
Winter 2009 (PDF, 603KB)
Fall 2008 (PDF, 763KB)
Spring 2008 (PDF, 352KB)
Winter 2008 (PDF, 160KB)
StrongStart BC Evaluation
The purpose of the research study was to document the StrongStart BC program and report on its operation and effectiveness so that government, communities and schools can guide the development of StrongStart BC programs. The research study was conducted by the Human Early Learning Partnership (HELP).
Evaluation of StrongStart BC – Stage1 (PDF, 5.19MB) – Documentation; October 2007.
Evaluation of StrongStart BC – Stage2 (PDF, 1.40MB) – Final Report; September 2008.
Evaluation of StrongStart BC Outreach Program (PDF, 19.72MB)– Final Report, August 2009.
Connecting with Families
In partnership with 2010 Legacies Now and the Ministry of Education, LearnNowBC created a series of professional development opportunities for practitioners who work with young children and their families. The series, entitled Connecting with Families, includes four self-directed modules and supports StrongStart BC facilitators to create vibrant, rich, and engaging programs. The online training modules are available on the LearnNowBC website at: www.learnnowbc.ca/educators/EarlyLearningCentre/StrongStart/default.aspx.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND KNOWLEDGE BUILDING LINKS
- BC Council for Families – Provides resources for working with diverse families.
- Canadian Assocation of Family Resource Programs – Provides information and resources for working with families.
- Canadian Child Care Federation – provides resources for Early Childhood Educators across Canada.
- Childcare Resource and Research Unit - (CRRU) focuses on research and policy resources in the context of a high quality system of early childhood education and child care in Canada.
- Children First Funded Contacts (PDF, 32KB)
- Council for Early Childhood Development - Provides research and professional development opportunities focusing on early child development science and community action.
- Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia - Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia (ECEBC) is the professional association for early childhood practitioners in BC. Site has professional development and membership activities.
- Early Learning Framework - A Ministry of Education document with guiding principles for early learning in BC.
- Family Resource Programs - A community partner and resource for professional development in the area of working with community and families.
- LEAP BC™ is a set of resource guides, developed for families, caregivers and early learning practitioners, which integrate Literacy, Education, Activity and Play.
- Human Early Learning Partnership – HELP Provides community based research on early childhood across BC.
- Success by Six Coordinator Contacts and Regions - (PDF, 32KB)
- Welcome Here - Multilingual resources and links for community organizations and newcomer families
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
- BC Anaphylactic and Child Safety Framework (PDF, 160KB)
- BC Ministry Education - Healthy Schools – a link to the Ministry of Education Healthy School initiative promoting policy development and practice that will help promote health through the school setting.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH– COMMUNITY CARE LICENSING
- Guiding Children's Behaviour (PDF, 128KB) a booklet by Community Care Licensing on child behaviour issues.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
- Baby's Best Chance (PDF, 4.42MB) A PDF booklet on pregnancy and early childhood development for parents and caregivers.
- Toddler's First Steps: A Best Chance Guide to Parenting Your 6- to 36-Month-Old Child (revised 2nd edition 2009) (PDF, 3.86MB)
MINISTRY OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT
- The B.C Handbook for Action on Child Abuse and Neglect – for service providers
(PDF, 8.16KB) provides information on child abuse and neglect including recognizing and responding to abuse and neglect in BC.
- Child Care Resource and Referral Centres – find your local Child Care Resource and Referral Centre.
- Infant Development Program - IDP - Locate a program in your area, list of events and training opportunities, resources for parents and professionals in the area of infant development.
- Responding to Child Welfare Concerns (PDF, 208KB) outlines what happens after someone makes a report about child abuse or neglect and where to get help.
- Safe Kids BC
- Supported Child Development Program - SCD – A resource for professional development and community contacts regarding working with children with support needs.