Early Learning Initiatives
StrongStart BC - Resources for Parents/Caregivers
- Ready, Set, Learn Parent booklet (available in 13 languages)
- The Best Chance website is filled with up-to-date and practical information, useful tools and resources for women, expectant parents, and families with babies and toddlers up to 3 years of age.
Phone: Dial 8‑1‑1. For deaf and hearing‑impaired assistance (TTY), call 7‑1‑1. Translation services are available in over 130 languages on request.
- ReadNow BC provides literacy practitioners, teachers, parents, and learners with information on literacy programs and initiatives, along with announcements about literacy events, and current research on promising literacy practices
- Books for BC Babies
- Guiding Children's Behaviour (PDF, 12KB) a booklet by Community Care Licensing on child behaviour issues.
- Parent Publications:
- Baby’s Best Chance: Parents' Handbook of Pregnancy and Baby Care (2010) This book provides up-to-date information on healthy pregnancy, infant care, and parenting for babies up to 6 months of age.
- Baby's Best Chance: A Guide for Expectant Parents (DVD) This DVD is a companion to Baby's Best Chance: Parents' Handbook of Pregnancy and Baby Care. It provides information about planning for and having a healthy pregnancy and childbirth, as well as care of your baby in the weeks following birth.
- Toddler's First Steps: A Best Chance Guide to Parenting Your 6- to 36-Month-Old Child (revised 2nd edition 2009 (PDF, 3.86MB)
- The Child Health Passport is a passport-sized booklet for parents to use to record important health information about their child, including height and weight, illnesses, accidents, allergies, hospitalizations, and vaccinations. Child Health Passport English Version 2009 (PDF 348K)
Child Health Passport French Version 2008 (PDF 252K)
- Parents as Literacy Supporters (PALS)
- Public Library Services