Careers for StrongStart BC Facilitators
The experiences that children have in the early years influence the rest of their lives. As a StrongStart BC facilitator, you have the opportunity to enrich those experiences and share your passion for early learning with children, families and the community.
StrongStart BC offers free drop-in early learning programs to young children (0-5) accompanied by a parent or caregiver. StrongStart BC early learning programs support children to grow, develop and discover in an interactive, play-based, family-centered environment. By working with StrongStart BC, you have the chance to influence, nurture, and support the next generation reach its potential.
- Plan and lead early learning activities in a fun, play-based setting
- Connect parents and caregivers to early learning by encouraging participation in activities
- Promote, support and facilitate parent/caregiver and child relationships
- Help families by referring and linking them to community resources
- Use the British Columbia Early Learning Framework to guide programming
What do I need to become a StrongStart facilitator?
- Hold a current BC Early Childhood Educator License to Practice
- Have the ability to work with a variety of parents, caregivers, children, professionals and community members
- Demonstrate knowledge of child development, family dynamics and community resources
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Show enthusiasm, creativity, and professionalism
- Be able to share your knowledge and passion for early learning
What’s in it for me?
- Be a part of a successful and innovative program
- Receive a competitive wage, attractive hours and the summers off
- Participate in professional development opportunities and support
- Practice early childhood education in a collaborative and exciting educational environment.
- Belong to and be supported by an early learning team within a school district
What kind of activities are offered at a StrongStart BC centre?
- Learn through a thoughtful and creative range of play experiences
- Explore language through story, music and song
- Foster discovery through books, art and manipulatives
- Model healthy movement and food choices
What do current StrongStart facilitators say about their work?
“It has by far been the highlight of my early childhood career and being able to support a child’s learning as they prepare for school reminds me of how important the work is that I do.”- Rae-Lynn, Muheim StrongStart BC centre
“I like watching the parents and children learning together. It’s very different from just teaching the children. When parents and children share an experience it means so much more to everyone.”- Cari, Red Bluff Lhtako StrongStart BC centre
“I am glad to be a part of StrongStart BC because I believe that I am making essential and necessary links between children, their families, schools and Early Childhood Educators in B.C.”- Stephanie, Woodward StrongStart BC centre
“Providing a program that encompasses the “whole child” and having the opportunity to instil a lifelong love of learning into the hearts of children everywhere is a gift and also a great responsibility.”- Donna, ALM StrongStart BC centre
For information regarding current career opportunities, please contact your local School District.