Daily Physical Activity
We know that active, healthy students are happier and learn better. They also develop good habits that can contribute to longer, healthier lives.
To help students achieve their best, the Ministry of Education has implemented Daily Physical Activity, for all schools and students in B.C.
Schools will provide 30 minutes of daily physical activity for students up to Grade 7.
Effective September 2011, schools will have the flexibility to provide 30 minutes of daily physical activity for students in Grades 8 or 9, or provide students in these grades with options to engage in a minimum of 150 minutes of physical activity per week.
Students in Grades 10 to 12 students will engage in 150 minutes of physical activity per week as part of their Graduation Transition program.
- Get information on the Daily Physical Activity requirement.
- Access Daily Physical Activity tracking tools.
- Find answers to Questions and Answers about Daily Physical Activity.
- Browse resources to support your school in implementing Daily Physical Activity, including program guides, activity catalogues, and Early Leader School Highlights.
- Learn why Daily Physical Activity is so important.