Aboriginal Education Enhancements
- Improve school success for all Aboriginal
- Aboriginal voice is increased in the Provincial education system
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language, culture and history is increased throughout the Provincial education system
- The Provincial education system provides for focused leadership and informed practice for increasing Aboriginal student success
The Learning Division is responsible for
developing policies, procedures and initiatives related to the
education of Aboriginal students in British Columbia.
- work with school districts and Aboriginal communities in the
development and implementation of Enhancement
- ensure the accurate and authentic integration of Aboriginal content, perspectives and pedagogy in curriculum, assessment and resources;
- work with other divisions, ministries and partners on policies and activities
related to Aboriginal education.
This area is the Provincial Government's primary link with Aboriginal
organizations, bands, tribal councils, First Nations, Métis
and the federal government on matters concerning the K-12 education
of Aboriginal students.